You've started spring cleaning your home and yard, but what about your office? Consider a paperless office as part of your spring cleanup and organization. There are benefits as well as incentives to going paperless and every dollar bill counts in today’s economy.
Ways to get started:
- Purchasing a good quality scanner is the first step to removing the existing paper waste.
- Implementing file server data storage or cloud-based data is key. Data files can safely and securely be backed up on remote computer systems.
Incentives to going paperless: save money & time!
- Eliminate printing, labor and equipment costs that are associated with everyday business.
- Decreases identity theft when information is obtained from billing statements, checks and bank statements
- Reduce clutter, filing, and the need for filing cabinets and file room space.
- Enable all authorized employees in the office to have instant access to your digital files at the same time.
- Store and locate documents faster and easier using scanning and data search capabilities.
If all companies in the United States were to go paperless, waste in landfills could be reduced by roughly 800,000 tons a year and an estimated 18.5 million trees a year would be saved.
Go paperless today! What are other ways your company reduces paper waste?