If you have a hard time finding or keeping a bookkeeper or are not satisfied with the performance of your bookkeeper, here are some tips that guarantee getting the most out of your bookkeeper.
What you should expect from your bookkeeper:
- Up-to-date financial information
- Forward-thinking advice
- Collaborative assistance
- Cost savings
- Being an essential part of your business
Business Owner's Role
- Set priorities each month, week and even day if necessary
- Provide an efficient workspace for your bookkeeper
- Respond quickly to your bookkeeper’s questions
- Meet often
- Be specific about what reports you want to see and when
- Mandate Assistance/Training
- Share your goals and challenges
As a business owner, if you follow these suggestions, you should be well on your way to increased profitability. If you are following these guidelines and are still not happy, it is time to look for another bookkeeper. If you have any questions or would like to discuss how to get more out of your bookkeeper, give BudgetEase a call. We help many small businesses, non-profit organizations and ecommerce companies with training and support to get the most out of their bookkeeper.