February is already here, and you haven’t started your tax prep yet? It happens. And it can be overwhelming! Where to start? Who can help? How can you tackle each month and each account quickly? We understand this daunting task and we are here to help.
Our small business clients have accomplished this!
- For one bank account: Export all transactions into Excel for the period in 2016 you wish to reconcile.
- Create a separate column to designate income/expense categories
- Sort and total each category
- For multiple accounts: Setup Quickbooks with bank feed feature
- Add the business accounts you wish to reconcile, including any business credit cards
- Keep your chart of accounts simple and orderly, so it makes sense for your business
- Assign each transaction one at a time to the correct account (deposit = credit)
Check out these tips on how to setup QuickBooks, quick!
Still overwhelmed and short on time? We can help! Learn how our team supports small businesses with Quickbooks catch-up.