Yes it is 1099 season! If you are a small business and don’t have bookkeeping support, what is the quickest way to get your 1099s out to the correct vendors?
You have two ways to file:
1. Hand fill out free forms from the government
You can get free forms from the government and if you have only a couple 1099s to file, it is easiest to just fill them out by hand. Click here to access the free forms.
You need to order the 1099Misc and a 1096. Here’s what a form would look like if you have two returns to complete.
2. Use the QuickBooks 1099 Wizard to print or E-File
You will want to use the QB 1099 Wizard and follow the instructions to determine who should get a 1099. Here is where you will find the Wizard:
QB Desktop - under the vendors tab on desktop.
QB Online – in the vendors area there is a button near the top right.
We suggest using the E-file option because:
- Printing the forms is time consuming. Getting the layout just right always takes more time than you think it will.
- You won’t have to order forms which are expensive.
- With E-file you can email the 1099 to your vendors so delivery is faster.