QuickBooks Connect continues to be rewarding. The theme is 'Ways to Save our Clients Time and Provide them with Better Information.' Isn’t that great.
Here’s what I learned today:
- Found an add-on for my contractor and service clients that allows you to schedule and remote access your QB. This is great because QB discontinued their service last summer. I will be checking out corrigo for all our service clients.
- What’s new in 2015: nicer reports, nicer dashboard and comments available on reports
- Want to demo Enterprise? Visit this page to demo Enterprise Solutions. It's a great way to see if you want to upgrade.
- QB Enterprise is much improved. Inventory cannot be invoiced if not in stock. Finally!
- Converting QB desktop to QB Online. It is getting easier to convert.
- Watch The QB Show to stay up to date on QuickBooks. Michelle Long, my favorite trainer, is the star.
- QB Online can do about anything with add-ons like Ebillity or Expensify. QBO is the HUB for small business in the cloud. Even huge inventory can be handled.
- Don’t condense a big file. Send it out for a clean up. Q2Q.us and QBornotQB.com will condense huge files. Transaction Pro Importer can move excel and other software to QB.
- Make a portable copy and restore to make sure your QB file is clean.
- Large Inventory, Payroll (will need to add some W-4 info, company contributions, employer info, need to set up direct deposit . . .), Merchant Services/Credit Card Processing will cause challenges
- Unreconcile your bank accounts before you convert/ re-reconcile after the conversion
- What QB Online has that QB Desktop doesn’t
- Can easily create rules for quicker data entry, bank transactions are automatic each night
- Recurring Sales Forms can be automatically emailed (really cool tool PLUS QBO can include unbilled charges)
- Multiple AR/AP for journal entries allowed
- Audit Log can see when users log in and out
- Customize reports, create a group, and they can be automatically sent out
- QB Mobile via the phone (no longer on QBDT) allows you to enter transactions on your mobile phone.
That is it for today. I will keep you posted.
Read Monday's QB Connect recap here.